"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" 1 Corinthians 15:58
Determining the Target
What is the target of the Master's Men Ministry? What are we trying to accomplish? Before answering those crucial questions, it is imperative that we consider how we know what our target should be? How do we determine our target?
First, we must resist turning to the world to address the crucial issues that concern men. Society in general has a seriously flawed perception of manhood.
The Word of God defines the target. The Bible explains how a man can be transformed into an individual that brings glory to God. Therefore, the objectives of the Master's Men Ministry must be firmly grounded in the scriptures and biblically determined.
Defining the Target
As the Master's Men Ministry endeavors to help pastors and churches encourage their men to be the men God wants them to be, what specifically are we shooting at?
First of all, the Master's Men Ministry is aiming to develop...
1. MEN OF PRIORITY A multitude of demands and pleasures compete for a man's time. Men however, who bring glory to God understand that their first priority must be their relationship to Jesus Christ.
In Matthew 22:35-38, Jesus gives us insight into why this is true. "Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment."
Quite frankly, I fear that there are men in our churches who are not enjoying and experiencing a priority relationship with Jesus. Master's Men Ministry intends to challenge and help men develop an intimate walk with the Savior.
Secondly, Master's Men aims at seeing men become....
2. MEN OF PRAYER Men stand best when they stand on their knees. The Master's Men Ministry desires to equip our men to become faithful men of prayer. The primary way this will be accomplished is through a Master's Men program called, "BURDEN BEARERS".
James 5:16 says that, "... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." Through a Burden Bearers Program men will be taught to use the powerful spiritual resource of prayer. The goal is to see men engaged in prayer on several levels.
Every man cannot preach a sermon, teach a class, or sing in the choir, but every man who knows Jesus has the potential of influencing the world through prayer.
3. MEN OF PURPOSE The Master's Men department exists to accomplish the following five stated purposes.
Men need the examples and encouragement other men can provide. One of the greatest benefits of a Master's Men Chapter in any church will be the relationships that develop because of a common commitment to the person of Jesus Christ.
The effective Master's Men Chapter facilitates the spiritual growth of men. The teaching of the Word of God will call men to intimacy with God, purity of life, leadership in the home, faithful worship, mentoring others, commitment to the mission of the local church and denomination, prayer for their pastor's, and a burden to share the gospel.
Master's Men are taught to financially support the ministry of the local church and denomination. Master's Men also learn that stewardship is not just the giving of their money to the Lord's work, but it is the giving of their lives to advance Christ's kingdom.
Master's Men will seek to mobilize the men of our denomination out of spiritual passivity in order to influence their families, communities, and workplaces with the life-changing message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Master's Men will equip men to serve the Lord and their local church. Master's Men seeks to develop men into spiritual leaders. As men grow and take responsibility in the church, the pastor is freed to focus on prayer and the preaching of God's word. Vibrant men's ministry will recruit, train, and deploy men into the ministries of the church.
4. MEN OF PURITY The Christian is constantly pressured to conform to the world. Being a man of purity in our culture is not an easy task. Master's Men through its newsletter, retreats, and study resources will continue to proclaim the biblical truths that will enable our men to live as pure men.
5. MEN OF PASSION Men can be very passionate about their favorite sports team, a hobby, and even their work. Sadly, some men have little enthusiasm about being a husband or father. Satan delights in dividing husbands from their wives and fathers from their children. Master's Men will teach our men to be passionately committed their families. Every man has biblical responsibilities both to his wife and his children. Master's Men will encourage our men to fulfill those obligations and help our churches strengthen their families.
We meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the church educational building. Free babysitting is provided.